RIGA - Belarusian businessman Aliaksandr Shakutsin (Aleksandr Shakutin) was sanctioned two years ago for benefiting from and supporting the regime of Aliaksandr Lukashenka.
But this investigation showed that all this time he and his family continued to earn money in EU, despite the ban from Brussels. Also, we have exposed previously unknown facts how Shakutsin's business in Belarus is actually based on state subsidies, signed off by Aliaksandr Lukashenka.
According to the most rough estimates, the maintenance of this family business has cost the budget about $100 million in the past few years.
- Lukashenka's sanctioned «wallet» Shakutsin continues business in the EU in spite of sanctions - BIC 27 January 2023
- Приближенный к Лукашенко бизнесмен давно под санкциями, но продолжает зарабатывать в Европе. Рассказываем подробности - News Zerkalo.io, 27 January 2023
- Ведёт бизнес в ЕС и обирает белорусов — расследование о кошельке Лукашенко - Euroradio.fm 27 January 2023
- БРЦ: Александр Шакутин продолжает зарабатывать миллионы долларов в Европе, несмотря на наложенные санкции - Nasha Niva 27 January 2023
- Lukashenko’s sanctioned ally continues to do business in the EU - NE Global News Service 28 January 2023
- Belarus Corruption Watch: How one of Lukashenko’s 'wallets' evades sanctions - one Intellinews 30 January 2023
need resources for your own investigative story?
Journalismfund.eu’s flexible grants programmes enable journalists to produce relevant public interest stories with a European mind-set from international, national, and regional perspectives.
support independent cross-border investigative journalism
We rely on your support to continue the work that we do. Make a gift of any amount today.